Great things happen with dynamic partnerships. With our majority shareholder NCB Financial Group Ltd. (NCBFG), partnered with Edmund Gibbons Limited (EGL) and Portland Private Equity Limited (PPE), Clarien Group Limited (CGL) is part of a group that is well positioned to become a global leader in financial services and wealth management.
NCFBG and PPE form part of Portland Holdings, a multi-billion dollar international conglomerate with a diversified business portfolio and a strong presence in the North American and Caribbean financial services sectors.
Operating under the Chairmanship of visionary entrepreneur Michael Lee-Chin, Clarien’s affiliation with Portland Holdings strengthens our position as one of the largest privately held financial institutions in Bermuda. It will enable us to offer a wider range of products to our customers and expand our offerings locally, regionally and globally.
The Clarien brand is unchanged and we remain committed to Bermuda, our employees and our clients. Our partners share our client-focused philosophy and a dedication to providing high quality services and a superior customer experience.
Below is information on some of the entities within the Portland group of companies.
• One of Bermuda’s largest independent integrated financial services organisations
• Personal and commercial banking, private banking, wealth and asset management services
• USD 1.4 billion (JMD 192.9 billion) in assets on balance sheet, consolidated as at September 2020
• USD 1.1 billion in investable assets (Clarien Investments Limited) as at September 30, 2020
• Holds 50.1% interest in Clarien and 61.77% interest in Guardian
- • Investment advisory and portfolio management services and products
- • Diﬀerentiated oﬀerings through alternative and private investment opportunities
- • CAD 714 million (USD 565 million) as of July 2021
- • Portland’s asset distribution segment with CAD 4.27 billion (USD 3.44 billion) in AUA as of 30 June, 2021
- • Private Client’s AUA was CAD 4.4 billion (USD 3.48 billion) as of July 2021
- • Network of over 80 advisors across Canada
- • A securities dealer which has established itself as a top tier wealth creation organisation and recognised for it democratisation of investment opportunities
- • Unique access to investment opportunities both within the public and private realm that are typically reserved for the affluent and institutional investor.