Great things happen with dynamic partnerships. With our majority shareholder NCB Financial Group Ltd. (NCBFG), partnered with Edmund Gibbons Limited (EGL) and Portland Private Equity Limited (PPE), Clarien Group Limited (CGL) is part of a group that is well positioned to become a global leader in financial services and wealth management.
NCFBG and PPE form part of Portland Holdings, a multi-billion dollar international conglomerate with a diversified business portfolio and a strong presence in the North American and Caribbean financial services sectors.
Operating under the Chairmanship of visionary entrepreneur Michael Lee-Chin, Clarien’s affiliation with Portland Holdings strengthens our position as one of the largest privately held financial institutions in Bermuda. It will enable us to offer a wider range of products to our customers and expand our offerings locally, regionally and globally.
The Clarien brand is unchanged and we remain committed to Bermuda, our employees and our clients. Our partners share our client-focused philosophy and a dedication to providing high quality services and a superior customer experience.
Below is information on some of the entities within the Portland group of companies.
|Clarien Bank Limited
• One of Bermuda’s largest independent integrated financial services organisations
• Personal and commercial banking, private banking, wealth and asset management services
• USD 1.2 billion (JMD 160.8 billion) in assets on balance sheet, consolidated as at June 2019
• USD 1.1 billion in investable assets (Clarien Investments Limited) as at September 30, 2018
|NCB Financial Group
• Leading financial group in the Caribbean operating across the following business segments: commercial banking; wealth, asset management & investment banking; life insurance & pension fund management and general insurance
|Portland Private Equity
• Private Equity fund management company focused on the Caribbean
| Portland Investment Counsel Inc.
• Investment advisory and portfolio management services and products
• Diﬀerentiated oﬀerings through alternative and private investment opportunities
• CAD 446 million (USD 333 million) in assets under management as at June 30, 2019
|Mandeville Private Client Inc.
• Portland’s asset distribution segment with over CAD 2.3 billion (USD 1.7 billion) in assets under administration as at June 30, 2019
• Network of over 50 advisors across Canada
• A securities dealer which has established itself as a top tier wealth creation organisation and recognised for it democratisation of investment opportunities
• Unique access to investment opportunities both within the public and private realm that are typically reserved for the affluent and institutional investor
• Services in life, health, casualty insurance, pensions and asset management
With roots dating as far back as 1837, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB) has a pioneering legacy that has been sustained as the organisation has evolved and transformed.
Today, NCB stands as the largest financial group in Jamaica, focused on maintaining a profitable organization, which provides highly competitive and innovative products and service offerings for our customers. Its aim is to maintain a solid governance structure and robust compliance framework, while utilizing flexible business models and efficient operational processes and systems.