Your Protection Comes First.
As a Bermuda Regulated Financial Institution, we are required by law to ensure that customer information is complete, accurate and up to date. This is also a client service priority—part of our commitment to keep your money safe and protect us both against fraud and financial crime.
From time to time we must ask you for proof of identity and residence—even if you have previously provided that information and the details have not changed. You will receive these requests only by mail or by secure message through Clarien iBank. Your prompt response helps ensure your information is secure, compliance is maintained, and we are able to serve and communicate with you efficiently.
We understand that this aspect of legal compliance can be burdensome, and we apologise for any inconvenience you may experience. Call us at 296-6969 or email ServiceCenter@clarienbank.com if you have any difficulty. We will be very happy to help, as our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible while ensuring your ongoing financial protection.
If you have received a request from Clarien to update your personal customer information and have not yet done so, your account may be blocked. To have your account reinstated you must supply documentation in person or contact ServiceCenter@clarienbank.com or call us on 296-6969 as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: A request for updated Customer Information will only ever be mailed personally to your primary address. Clarien will never ask you for this information over the phone or via email or text message. If you receive an online request for personal information immediately report it to the Clarien Client Service Centre on 441 296 6969 or send suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do I need to provide?
When requested, you must provide an up to date version of the following documents. Where a certified copy is required, we can copy and certify original documents free or charge if you bring them to a Clarien branch.
- • Fully completed Customer Information Form (CIF). You can download the form via the link on this page
- • Original certified copy of your valid passport including a copy of your Bermuda status stamp if applicable (if you currently live outside Bermuda, a notarised copy of your passport is required)
- • If you do not have a valid passport then please provide any two of the following:
- • Certified copy of your Driving Licence
- • Certified copy of your Birth Certificate
- • Certified copy of a Government-issued national ID card
- • Proof of current physical address (PO Boxes are not acceptable) in the form of any one of the following:
- • Recent utility bill less than 3 months old
- • Bermuda car registration document
- • Current signed lease agreement
- • Recent Land Tax bill
- • Less than 3 months old bank/credit card statement that is mailed to your residence (from a bank other than Clarien) showing your name and residential address.
- • A completed US Tax Status form (W-9) if you have ties to the United States (e.g. passport, green card, social security number). You can download the form via the link on this page
Where do I send the information?
The requested documentation should be returned via one of the following methods:
- • Email full colour scanned certified copies to ServiceCenter@clarienbank.com
- • Mail full colour copies to:
Clarien Bank Ltd.
PO Box HM 665
Hamilton HM CX
- • Hand deliver original document or coloured copies to either our Paget or Reid Street Bank Branches so that we may scan them.
What if I am having trouble locating or submitting my information?
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 296-6969 or ServiceCenter@clarienbank.com