Bermuda is home to thousands of expatriate workers who enjoy the island’s outstanding quality of life. If you plan to join them, trust Clarien for the financial services you need. We make it easy to set up the full range of banking solutions, including:
- Convenient Chequing and Savings Accounts to meet your specific needs
- The Clarien Debit Card for access to cash 24 hours a day at local ATMs and worldwide at more than 800,000 ATMs via the MasterCard®/Cirrus® network
- Clarien Bank VISA® Platinum and Infinite Credit Cards
- eBanking to help you manage your money quickly, easily and securely
Get a head start.
Simply email us your completed account opening application form. When you arrive in Bermuda, visit our office at 19 Reid Street in Hamilton to finalize the application process. Don’t forget to bring:
- A reference letter from your native bank
- A Bermuda work permit letter
- Photo ID
We look forward to welcoming you to Bermuda!
- Population: 65,000
- Land area: 22 sq. miles
- Length: 21 miles
- Capital: City of Hamilton
- Currency: $1 U.S. = $1 Bermudian
- Language: British English
- Government: Self-governed UK Dependent Territory
- Electricity: U.S. 120v
There is no employment tax in Bermuda; however, approximately 9% of residents’ income is deducted for items such as the social security fund and health insurance.
Bermuda enjoys a sub-tropical climate, often with high humidity.
- Average summer temperatures: Mid 70s ¬– mid 80s
- Average winter temperatures: High 50s – low 70s
Monthly housing rental costs
- Studios: $1,000 – $2,000
- 1 bedroom: $2,000 – $2,500
- 2 bedrooms: $2,500 – $3,500
- 3 bedrooms plus: $3,500 – $10,000
- Groceries: $100/week
- Scooter gasoline: $25/month
- Electricity: $100 – $200/month (depending on season)
- Cable: $55/month (basic package)
- Phone/Internet: $74/month (basic package)